Your Journey Starts Here
Please read our job description carefully before applying. Thank you and good luck!
“Montclair Center is a great art town and we want to continue to offer our residents and visitors the best of what we have to offer”
– Diane Israel
The Montclair Center BID covers one mile long commercial area in Downtown Montclair, New Jersey that surrounds Bloomfield Avenue running from the Montclair Art Museum on the west to Pine Street on the east. The district includes a wide variety of retail, service, restaurants, theaters, offices and other businesses and properties and has won the Great American Main Street Award (2015) and the NJAPA’s Great Downtown Award (2016) among others.
The mission of the Montclair Center BID is to improve, revitalize, and make attractive the Montclair Center through streetscape improvements to maintain the cleanliness and beauty of the district; planning, sponsoring and promoting programs and events to bring people and excitement to the district; promotion and marketing of the district and its businesses; provide support and education on best practices of businesses.
The BID Executive Director’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Manage the Montclair Center BID.
· Supervise staff, contractors and consultants.
· Manage and oversee constituent services and programs, including outreach to stakeholders.
· Manage BID’s finances and payroll.
· Manage and oversee of all communications, including responding to BID members inquiries, media requests, Annual Report, newsletters, BID website, social media and e-communications.
· Develop, implement, and evaluate marketing programs, public relations strategies, special events and promotions for BID area businesses. Project management of all events and initiatives.
· Market and promote the BID in local and area media outlets. Maintain liaison with local, state and other governmental agencies, including attendance at relevant meetings.
· Prepare annual operating and capital budgets, track adherence to the budget, maintain all organizational records, and provide the Board with periodic management reports, operating statements, and cost and program analyses.
· Assist in preparing the BID’s strategic plans and goals, implement plans, goals and policies adopted by the Board, and provide the Board with periodic management reports, operating statements, and program assessments.
– Implement the policies and projects of the Corporation as set by its Board of Directors and perform such additional duties as the Board may require.
A successful candidate for the position will have at least 5 years of experience working in a business improvement district or similar organization in some combination of the following areas: constituent or customer services, managing staff (at least 2 years’ experience), event and program management, marketing, and member/constituent communications. Will consider relevant private sector business or volunteer experience.
A Bachelor’s degree is required.
· Must understand the nature of district management corporations and the role they play in the economic and cultural landscape.
· A demonstrated record of leadership and success in strategic planning, problem solving and constituent or customer services.
· Substantive administrative, contract management, and financial management experience, with a preference for non-profit management experience.
· Familiarity with retail and small-business management and development.
· Excellent writing and computer skills.
· Excellent management, interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
· Familiarity with downtown or business center community preferred.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter on or before September 10, 2018. Email the documents, in PDF format, to email@example.com. Use the subject line “Executive Director Position”.
Only those candidates who are being considered will be contacted. The application process will be efficient, thorough and intense. Start date is October 8 but is negotiable.
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience.
Please do not contact the BID office directly regarding this employment opportunity.
Please do NOT contact the BID office by phone or email regarding this employment opportunity. Carefully follow the APPLICATION PROCESS instructions above.