Job Position: Ambassador
Must have a valid clean driver’s license.
Benefits after 90 days
Reports to: Ambassador Supervisor
Hours: This is a full-time, non-exempt position (typically 40 hours per week, unless specified as part-time or seasonal). Possible additional hours including nights and weekends may be required to staff BID and partner events or other special events as requested.
Overview of Role: The Ambassador works under the direction of the Ambassador Supervisor and has direct responsibilities for keeping Montclair Center clean, visually appealing, and vibrant.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enhance and maintain the cleanliness, visual beauty, and “state of good repair” of Montclair Center at all times.
- Clean sidewalks, BID fixtures, tree pits, and other BID elements and perform graffiti removal as necessary within Montclair Center.
- Install and de-install holiday décor and other seasonal visual improvements.
- Install and de-install lamppost banners and other special signage/banners promoting Montclair Center, BID sponsors, and BID members.
- Trouble-shoot and problem-solve additional conditions and issues on behalf of Montclair Center members.
- Communicate with business owners on issues related to non-removal of garbage, sidewalk cleanliness, and other compliance-related items.
- Maintain and water Montclair Center beautification and planting initiatives as necessary.
- Clean and maintain BID fixtures such as informational kiosks, planters, planter beds, etc. at all times.
- Perform regular surveys of Montclair Center and create and maintain lists including the business directory/vacancy survey, streetlight outage reports, empty tree pits, and more.
- Set up, break down, and staff (or schedule staffing for) all BID and partner events.
- Clear pedestrian crossing areas and paths in the event of snow and ice conditions. Utilize additional measures to assist with pedestrian safety, such as salt, ice melt, etc.
- Operate the BID vehicle, street sweeper, and other equipment as necessary to perform tasks as necessary.
- Assist with information gathering and dissemination about and to Montclair Center members (including event posters and signage, etc.).
- Assist with information dissemination (such as directions, etc.) to Montclair Center visitors.
- Additional duties and responsibilities, as requested by the Ambassador Supervisor.
Please email Pauline@montclaircenter.com or call 973-509-3820.